How does Air Fluidized Therapy (AFT) enable specialty beds to facilitate pressure wound healing?
It must be in APA format and include:
References (no less than 5 articles and no more than 10 articles)
Major (Level 1) section headings should include:
Introduction (Use the Title of the paper as the heading for the introduction, not the word Introduction)
Implications for Nursing
This is a group paper so organization and time management are important.
Discuss the following in your paper:
*Is there a way to improve something already in practice, or
*Stop doing something already in practice, or
*Start doing something not already in practice
One or two sentences describing the problem and the significance of the problem relative to nursing (or the topic of the paper). Purpose statement. One or two sentences about the methods. One or two statements about the findings. One or two statements about the importance of the findings. One or two statements about why this is important for nursing practice.
Keywords: three or four words describing main concepts of the paper
Title of Paper
Start the paper here. This is your introduction. There should be a description of the problem of the phenomenon of interest (topic of your EBP project and why it is a problem). End this section with your purpose statement (the purpose of this paper is to review the evidence regarding x) There should be citations in this section. Sepsis is a problem for trauma patients. About x amount of trauma patients become septic (citation). A proposed intervention for the treatment of sepsis is fluid resuscitation (citation). However, the amount remains in question. Current practice suggests using… (citation). The purpose of this paper is to answer the question: Does evidence support…..?
Describe what the results implicate. Write a conclusion.
Implications for Nursing
Explain what this means for nursing.
The 8 references:
- Arnold, Malgorzata; Yanez, Cecilia; Yanez, Blanca. Wound Healing in the Long-Term Acute Care Setting Using an Air Fluidized Therapy/Continuous Low-Pressure Therapeutic Bed, Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing: May/June 2020 – Volume 47 – Issue 3 – p 284-290 doi: 10.1097/WON.0000000000000646
- Barbosa, S., Brito, K., Santana, E., Diniz, I., Matos, S., Andrade, S., Aguiar, E., Félix, L., Souza, A., Souza, E., Silva, M., & Soares, M. (2016). Prevalence and Risk Factors for Pressure Ulcer in Hospitalized Adults. International Archives Of Medicine, 9. doi:10.3823/1976
- Black, J., Berke, C., & Urzendowski, G. (2012). Pressure Ulcer Incidence and Progression in Critically Ill Subjects. Journal of Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing, 39(3), 267–273. https://doi.org/10.1097/won.0b013e3182514c50
- Denzinger, M., Rothenberger, J., Held, M., Joss, L., Ehnert, S., Kolbenschlag, J., Daigeler, A., & Krauss, S. (2019). A quantitative study of transepidermal water loss (TEWL) on conventional and microclimate management capable mattresses and hospital beds. Journal of tissue viability, 28(4), 194-199.
- Griffey J, Barnes J, Bardonner MK. Use of Air-Fluidized or Fluid Immersion Redistribution Support Surfaces for the Treatment of Stage 4 Pressure Injuries: A Case Series. Wound Manag Prev. 2021 Jan;67(1):35-43. PMID: 33448941.
- Raetz JG, Wick KH. Common Questions About Pressure Ulcers. Am Fam Physician. 2015 Nov 15;92(10):888-94. PMID: 26554282.
- Serraes, B. (2018, June 1). Prevention of pressure ulcers with a static air support surface: A systematic review. Wiley Online Library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/iwj.12870
- Spear, Marcia DNP, ACNP-BC, CWS, CPSN, CANS; Thurman, Kristen PT, CWS Real-Time Pressure Assessment and Monitoring With a Fluid Immersion Simulation Support Surface Show Clinical and Financial Benefits for Flap Management, Plastic Surgical Nursing: January/March 2017 – Volume 37 – Issue 1 – p 39-44 doi: 10.1097/PSN.0000000000000175
My main focus of the paper is the abstract and the discussion as that is my contribution to the paper. My group said we can work on it independently but I don’t see how which is why I’m putting 4 pages so that you can freely write the paper with intro, body, etc.