EBP or Research Project Proposal
In the two individual article critiques that you have completed, you have answered your proposed clinical PICOT question. This assignment will either be formulated as an Evidence-based implementation project or a Research project. The steps are very similar. From looking at the existing literature, you will be able to decide if there is enough high-level evidence that exists to implement the evidence-based intervention OR if not enough high-level evidence exists, and more research needs to be conducted, this will be a research proposal.
The proposal should be 3-5 APA formatted pages and should include:
- Background and in-depth information related to why this is a problem for nursing (this is in light of a literature review)
- Research question or hypothesis OR PICOT question
- Study Design or Implementation Project Design and description of the project
- Population and Sampling Methods
- Data Collection Methods and Instruments
- Data analysis- Includes statistical tests
- Mechanisms to ensure quality of the study- control of bias, etc.
- Timetable for the project
- Ethical considerations
- Resources required including budget, stakeholders who would need to approve the project, etc.
- Implications for Practice and Plan for Dissemination of findings
EBP or Research Project Proposal
- Pts Introduction: 5 pts: The introduction should include brief statement of the purpose of the paper The identification of the type of paper selected (EBP or Research Proposal) The rationale for the selection of either EBP or Research Proposal.
- Background and Review of the Literature:10 pts.The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: A brief statement of the problem The importance of the problem to nursing A summary of the existing literature related to the problem (this should include a minimum of 5 sources) The statement that enough high level evidence exists to create a proposal of an EBP practice change or more evidence is necessary and therefore, more research is needed.
- Research or PICOT Question: 5 pts The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: The question is clearly written The population is identified The intervention is identified The outcome is identified
- Population and Sampling: 10 pts: The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Identify the population of interest Identify the sampling method that will be used Identify where the sample will be drawn from Identify an appropriate sample size Be specific.
- Data Collection 10 pts:The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Describe the data collection method Include what data will be collected Include how the data will be obtained The data collection tools that will be used and a brief description of the tools.
- Data Analysis: 5 pts:The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Describe how the data collected will be analyzed Include the statistical techniques Include why specific techniques are appropriate.
- Mechanisms to Ensure Quality 5 pts:The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Describe how specific methods lead to improvements in data quality Include the strengths and limitations of method’s choices.
- Timetable 5 pts: The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Include the process of how the project will proceed Include the timeline from start to completion,
- Ethical Considerations 5pts:The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Describe the ethical considerations Describe how the protection of human subjects will be included Describe whether or not informed consent is necessary
- Resources 10 pts:The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: What resources are necessary to complete the project Describe the financial support necessary Describe the need for support from stakeholders.
- Implications 10 pts:The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: Describe the implications for nursing practice Describe a plan for disseminating results Who will want these results? Who will need these results?
- APA Formatting, Grammar and Scholarly Language 10 pts: The student met or exceeded all of the following criteria: APA formatting is error free, grammar is correct, scholarly language is used to communicate ideas.