Nsg5003 Advanced Pathophysiology
Sample Question 1
Mom is a carrier for hemophilia but does not have the disease. Dad does not have hemophilia . 1) In Cystic Fibrosis, how would the responses be different to the questions in the Post? Give a detailed explanation supporting your response.
Response # 2 Down Syndrome is another genetic disorder. Why is the Punnett Square not a good tool for predicting if offspring will have Down Syndrome? Why does the risk for Downâ€™s Syndrome increase with maternal age?
Sample Question 2
1) List the additional questions you would need to ask this patient. Explain.
2) What is the safety profile of Lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide and bismuth subsalicylate in pregnant women? What are the possible complications to the pregnant woman and her fetus?
3) What is the importance of assessing laboratory values when prescribing medications? How might the laboratory values, in this case, impact your treatment plan?
4) Would you make any changes to Ms. BDâ€™s blood pressure and GERD medications? Explain. If yes, what would you prescribe? Discuss the medications safety in pregnancy, mechanism of action, route, the half-life; how it is metabolized in and eliminated from the body; and contraindications and black box warnings.
5) How does ethnopharmacology apply to this patient if she were NOT pregnant? Explain.
6) What health maintenance or preventive education do you provide in this client case based on your choice of medications/treatment?
7) Would you treat this patient or refer her? Explain. If you refer, where would you refer this patient?
Sample Question 3
1) Describe the pathophysiology of depression.
2) Discuss the phenomenon of depression effects on appetite. Describe from a pathophysiologic basis why some people with depression experience a lack of appetite resulting in weight loss while others will experience increased food intake and have weight gain.
3) Discuss two additional clinical findings of depression and present the pathophysiologic basis of these symptoms.
Sample Question 4
1)Summarize the pathophysiology of Peptic Ulcer Disease as compared to GERD and explain which one his symptoms most closely represent. Support with evidence. 2) Explain the bodyâ€™s natural protection against peptic ulcers from a pathophysiology standpoint. 3) What diagnostic testing may be used to further evaluate the symptoms and what might this test tell the healthcare provider?