Theoretical Framework to Support Evidence-based Practice
Nurse practitioners actively engage in the process of translating nursing knowledge into practice, thereby establishing evidence-based approaches within the discipline. Throughout this process, a theoretical framework provides a meaningful context to guide and support the evidence-based practice. The purpose of this assignment is to identify a theory or theoretical model which can be used as a framework for a future evidence-based project during your nurse practitioner education.
In Week 7, students will create a PowerPoint slide show with notes pages to evaluate the use of a theory for an EBP issue or concern. In Week 8, students will create a recording of the presentation for the Peer Discussion thread.
Criteria for Content
Review literature regarding issues or concerns within your selected nurse practitioner specialty.
Select a theory or theoretical model which is relevant to your nurse practitioner specialty and would offer a meaningful context for evidence-based practice surrounding the issue or concern which you identified.
In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
- Introduction to the presentation
- Identify and describe a theory or theoretical model, and explain its relevance to your nurse practitioner specialty
- Describe an issue or concern that is related to your nurse practitioner specialty, and explain its impact on health care outcomes
- Explain how the theory or theoretical model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or theoretical model.
- Conclusion to the presentation
Preparing the presentation
- Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create the presentation. Submit as a .ppt or .pptx file.
- Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 6-8 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
- Speaker notes should be used and include in-text citations when applicable. Use the Notes Page view feature in PowerPoint to include speaker notes in the file.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
Can you choose a theory supporting patient centered care or patient satisfaction.
Please make it flow with a professional personal tone because I will have to present this.
I would like for it to catch the audience attention. Thank You.
Please provide speaker notes